I recently got to cross off a few things on this years fall bucket list, one of them being to pick some fresh apples! It was freezing the day I went, but it was an awesome experience and it gave me tons of apples to make delicious treats with! I shared my quick recipe for apple pie candy apples already, so I though I would share my apple pie recipe. It’s so delicious that I find it hard not to go back for a second slice!
CLASSIC APPLE PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 6 Medium Sized Apples*
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- A Few Dashes of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Apple Pie Spice
*I used Cortland.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel apples and cut into thin slices. Place in large bowl and toss with lemon juice
3. Add flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and apple pie spice to apple and stir until each slice is coated with equal amounts.
4. Roll out pie crust in round pie dish and cut excess off of edges.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1/8 Cup Sugar
- 1 Stick Butter (Room Temperature)
1. Cut the butter into four equal pieces and place in bowl. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, sugar, and apple pie spice.
2. Use a pastry cutter or a fork to mash ingredients until well combined and made into small chunks.
3. Spoon topping over pie until completely covered.
4. Cover pie with foil and back at 350 for 30 minutes.
5. Remove cover and continue baking for 15 minutes or until golden brown.